photo credit: my cousin becca, here with her 3 boys for a weekend.
this blog is like a treasure chest to me. a place to tuck the tiny & small things that waft through my brain & burrow into my heart. to capture them, scribble them down, photograph them, & ultimately, to revel in them.
i’m a reveller.
like javin said last night, looking at his chocolate cake with whipped cream & rainbow sprinkles, “take a picture of this. it would look good on your blog.”
i want to take a picture of the whole world.
SO. periodically i’ll share my favorite tiny & smalls of late. here goes:
- sleeping with the windows open. the soundtrack of outside as i fall asleep.
- my hand on kieran’s back when i check on him as i crawl into bed at night.
- that sweet, soft little boy skin.
- post-bedtime t.v. dates with andy. the ensuing grown-up conversation: planning our lives. charting our course.
- all the possibility there is in the world! (does this just sink anyone else??)
- that where i live smells so much like my favorite place in the world, my parents’ lake cabin: water, pine, grass, & bonfire. earth’s best cologne.
- my kids’ contentment: running circles in a puddle in our driveway yesterday because there was a puddle to run in.
- waterslides & how FUN they are when you’re little. i enjoy their enjoyment. (God’s like this, too. that’ll blow your mind if you let it.)
- that my kiddos are okay with a waterslide & a puddle.
- farmer’s market saturdays, the homemade bread guy called “5 loaves & 2 fishes bakery”. man after my own heart.
- unabashedly eating our way through a bucket of straaaaaaaaawberries.
- javin’s recent passion: trick bike riding. why the heck not, huh?
- andys constructing a bike ramp for javin, after seeing professional trick bikers yesterday. (fantastic man to bring up these children with: happy father’s day, honey. i can’t stand how cool you are.)
- this song: learning to love again. mat kearney.
may your weekend be full of fantastic tiny & small things.
if you would, leave me some of your favorite tiny & small things in the comments. i’d lovelovelove to be inspired.