[the current state of my life, y’all. pray for me. ]
if we could all sit in a circle on a rug with a cup of coffee, like show ‘n tell for grown-ups, we could tell each other the good parts we’ve found online, & then we could all collect hugs when we were done & go home happy. pretend this is a cyber-circle: i’ll post a few of the worthwhile things i’ve read online this week & then, if you want, link me to your stash of good stuff. sharing is important, you know.
here’s what’s tweaking me this week:
- the pursuit of happiness makes life shallow by penelope trunk. why meaning is a more fruitful pursuit than happiness. penelope (not her real name) is one of my favorite homeschooling bloggers. (click over to her homeschooling blog for her sassy take.)
- keeping sabbath rest in our daily lives by sally clarkson. i fight rest like it’s a rabid dog. but i need it.
- how to make art when there’s no time for art by emily freeman at chatting at the sky. enough said.
- jenhatmaker’s blog. anything she writes will make you laugh your face off. she also wrote “7: an experimental mutiny against excess,” which turned me on my head. watch her book trailer & see if it doesn’t leave you wanting for less.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIHt6T7Uz6o. one of my all-time favorite bands, the fray, singing my theme song. when you hear this lyric, “everyone knows i’m in over my head,” you’ll think of me. 🙂
there you go, my short list of show’n tell.
may you be bolstered through the rest of your week, friends!